- Constantly comparing yourself to others. Up and down.
- Focusing on what you don’t have and what you can’t handle/do.
- Surrounding yourself with critical and negative people.
- Asking everyone for advice and approval.
- Running away from problems and difficult conversations.
- Criticizing and blaming yourself for everything.
- Putting the needs, feelings, and problems of others before your own.
- Cutting yourself off from your own feelings and acting out instead, e.g. alcohol, shopping, overeating, excessive exercise, workaholism, etc.
- The habit of not being rested.
- Allowing others to speak on your behalf.
- Obsessive focusing on results and achievements.
- Rejecting people who love you, like you, and value you.
- Not taking advantage of opportunities, chances, and proposals.
- Wasting time on trivial matters or pseudo-actions.
- Constant changing of goals, ideas, projects, jobs, partners, etc.
- Select the ways you sabotage yourself in the list.
- Choose 1 – 2 of the most common now.
- Decide now what are you going to do differently when this situation arises again/ next time.
For example: walking around the block instead of overeating,
writing down what you already have and what is already working, and doing it more,
planning a difficult conversation with a partner or client and preparing for it, etc.
- Do it. Knowing that you will NOT be great at that in the beginning. Give yourself permission for that!
- Appreciate yourself for what you do. Your efforts. Going beyond your comfort zone.
- On this site, you will find tools and a new perspective to stay on track 🙂
- I support you 💗