- The concept of the special relationship comes from the belief that there is one and only one person in the whole world, born especially to meet me, who is a perfect partner to me and with whom I can create a perfect relationship – almost effortlessly.
- Then my only task in life is to find this perfect person!
Because once I have found them, everything will be like „they lived happily ever after”.
- To find a perfect partner means to reject other potential partners.
Finally, it’s about rejecting everyone because no one will be able to meet my expectations of „the perfect half”.
- How do I recognize my perfect partner? It’s easy, there won’t be any difficulties, conflicts, or crises between us. So as soon as the first troubles arise – I’ll disappear, convinced that „it was not THAT”.
- Moreover, the perfect partner and the special relationship should satisfy all my needs and desires. So I’ll give away all the responsibility for my well-being and even my life to my partner and then I’ll wait to see how it works.
But whenever I won’t feel amazing and my life won’t be as wonderful as I thought, I will be disappointed, frustrated, and angry because they failed and they don’t deserve my love.
- So again, I’ll be waiting for my perfect partner until they show up in my life and change it into a beautiful fairy tale as it should be.
Are you waiting for your „perfect half”?
The example above is extreme but we’re acting from unconscious not rational patterns.
Examine – honestly – your unspoken expectations and reactions.
don’t waste your time and energy – your life – for ego’s stories.
Take 100% responsibility for yourself in a relationship.
Give first what you expect from your partner.
And engage fully to create a wonderful, deep, loving relationship.
Only then, you’ll know for sure if this is IT 🙂